Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Another Hike


 At the edge of town are several trails.  Today we took the trail along the Bow River.  I can't imagine living here and getting to see this beauty every day.  If you look closely above the river you can see the Banff Spring Hotel.  I was fortunate to have attended a conference here in the late 1980s.  The hotel was built in the 1880s and is a real classic beauty. 

In spots, the trail was really challenging.  I tried to show the steep climb on this section of trail.

Returning to town we found this elk munching away on the campus of the Banff Centre.
Banff is a very upscale community with some really beautiful homes.  Here are a few we saw.








Tomorrow we visit Lake Louise.


**************************************************


As an aside, I spoke with goof friend Wally Henderson in our home town of Inverness, FL this morning.  Wally tells me that we have received between 15 to 20 inches of rain.  Boy am I ever glad we had those leaking doors fixed and/or replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment